The objective of this seminar is to provide the participants with the knowledge on the various Free Trade Agreements Malaysia has signed and how these FTAs seek to promote trade, investment, economic development and enhance competitiveness of Malaysian exporters and importers.
• The seminar also seeks to examine the tariff and non-tariff barriers and the implementation of tariff concessions for importers and exporters and how they can benefit in expanding their markets in the world of globalisation.
BENEFITS OF THIS SEMINAR
• The Regional and Bilateral FTAs signed by Asean and Malaysia.
• How exporter’s importers and manufacturers can expand their share into various markets through preferential tariff treatment and benefits derived from it.
• The procedures involved in obtaining preferential treatment.
• Understand the mechanism for obtaining Certificate of Origin.
• How FTAs could assist in further development of SME and remain competitive.
• The benefits of these FTAs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is suitable for all traders, manufacturers, importers, exporters and other business communities, who want to take advantage of benefits offered by FTAs in reducing costs, expand into new markets and to remain competitive.
Power Points Presentation, Lectures, Discussions and Q & A sessions.
P. Nadaraja was formerly with the Royal Malaysia Customs (1981-1997) as a Senior Officer of Customs having served in various units and his key areas of focus includes customs administration, import and export procedures, classification, valuation, licensing and compliance matters. He possess an indepth knowledge of various customs legislations including Customs Act, Sales Tax Act, Service Tax Act, Excise Act and other subsidiary legislations. He has vast experience in Customs matters and has been a guest lecturer at the Royal Malaysia Customs Academy in Malacca on various occasions to deliver lectures on various aspects of Customs laws and procedures.
In 1997 he left the Customs Department on optional retirement for private practice as an Advocate and Solicitor.
He is now involved in legal practice and at the same a time is actively involved in conducting seminars and workshops on customs matters. He has also conducted in house training for various companies including statutory bodies and has advised and consulted upon by companies
on issues such as customs and sales tax valuation, classification, service tax matters, drawback, refunds, exemptions and others. He was officially appointed by the Customs Department to conduct Basic Customs Course for forwarding agents during the year 2005 – 2007.
He is also an Associate of the Malaysia Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and an Associate Member of Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (ACTIM) and is currently involved in customs litigation and rendering of consultancy services on Customs matters.
Early bird fee: RM901 per person - Register before 14 October 2019
Normal price: RM1,007 per person – SBL Claimable (includes Lunch, Tea-Breaks, Course Notes, Certificate of Attendance and 6% SST)
*Group discount of 10% available (for 3 or more participants from the same company)